Preparation time: 15mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 450g thin strips of pork fillet or pork steaks
- I onion sliced
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper deseeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper deseeded and chopped
- 432g can pineapple pieces, drained and juice reserved
- 300ml tomato juice
- 1 tbl sweet chilli and garlic sauce
- 2 tbls white wine vinegar
- 1 tbl cornflour
- Sliced spring onions to garnish
- Olive oil spray
- Cook rice according to packet instructions and drain well. Spray non-stick frying pan or wok with oil and heat. Add pork in batches and cook for 2-3 minutes over a high heat until browned and cooked through. Remove and keep warm.
- Reheat wok, add onion and stir-fry until golden. Add pepper and carrot and stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile blend together the pineapple juice, tomato juice, chilli and garlic sauce, vinegar and cornflour in a jug and whisk until smooth. Return pork to wok, add the sauce and pineapple and stir over a moderate heat until the sauce thickens.
- Serve with rice and garnish with sliced spring onions.