Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 250ml chicken stock
- 450g minced lamb
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium sized sweet potato peeled and cut into 2 cm cubes
- 2 courgettes halved lengthwise and thickly sliced
- 320g (dry weight) tagliatelle
- Olive oil spray
- Spray a large saucepan with oil and heat. Cook onion and celery for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add garlic and spices and cook for 1 minute more. Add lamb and cook stirring for 5 minutes over a high heat, or until browned, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon. Add stock, tomatoes and sweet potato.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer partially covered, for 10 minutes. Add courgette and cook, uncovered, over a medium hear for 15 minutes stirring regularly until the vegetable are tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pan of boiling water according to packet instructions. Drain and serve topped with sauce and garnished with spring onions and chopped parsley if desired.