This is a great marinade ideal if you are BBQing chicken or lamb
- 150 ml olive or sunflower oil
- juice and grated zest of 1 lemon and 1 orange
- 1 large glass of red wine for lamb, white wine for chicken
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic that have been crushed
- 2 handfuls of chopped fresh herbs – parsley, thyme, rosemary and oregano for preference. Keep the woody stems to throw onto the BBQ while you are cooking the meat!
- A generous grinding of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons crushed sea salt
Mix all together and place your chosen meat and leave covered in a cool place for at least 3 hours, or all night to achieve maximum impact. When you are ready cook on a barbecue or under a hot grill.