Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 450g lean beef mince
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 100g tomato puree
- 1 cup water
- Olive oil spray
Spinach & Ricotta layer
- 300g packet young spinach
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 100g low fat natural fromage frais
- 250g dried lasagne sheets
- 50g reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 180C, 350F
Spray large n on-stick pan with olive oil and heat. Add mince and cook until brown, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon. Add onion and garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir in tomato puree, chopped tomatoes and water. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Wilt spinach in a pan, drain and squeeze out excess water. Place in a bowl with the ricotta and fromage frais and stir gently until combined.
- Spread half the meat sauce over the bottom of a lasagne dish. Arrange a layer of lasagne over the meat and cover with spinach mixture. Repeat with another layer of meat, lasagne and spinach.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake for 30 minutes until heated through and golden brown on top.