Preparation time: 15mins
Cooking time: 30mins
- 1 kg butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 2 cm cubes
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 250g bunch asparagus, halved
- 435ml chicken stock
- Juice and grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 inch peeled and grated fresh ginger or 1 tsp minced ginger in oil
- 2 cups/300g dried couscous
- 450g rump steak
- 3 spring onions chopped
- Rocket leaves to garnish and olive oil spray
- Pre-heat the oven to 210C, Fan180 or Gas mark 6
- Spray an oven tray with oil and arrange butternut squash cubes in a single lair.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then add tomatoes. Meanwhile cook the asparagus until just tender and drain thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, stir the hot stock into the couscous. Add the orange rind, juice and ginger. Cover tightly with a lid, remove from heat and stand for 5 minutes. Then separate the grains with a fork.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and cook the beef for 3 minutes on each side (more if you prefer it well done) Finely slice the meant. Gently fold the spring onion, asparagus, squash and tomatoes into the couscous and toss until combined.
- Spoon onto a serving plate, top with strips of beef and garnish with rocket leaves.