Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 4 X 225g rump steaks, slightly flattened
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbls balsamic vinegar
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 ciabatta loaves, cut in half, sliced lengthwise
- 50g mixed salad leaves
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 300g beetroot slices, drained (optional)
- Olive oil spray
- Spray a non-stick pan with oil and heat. Add mushrooms and 1 tbls balsamic vinegar and cook over a high heat until browned and tender. Remove from pan. Add onion, remaining balsamic vinegar and sugar and cook over a low-medium heat for 10 minutes or until caramelised. Remove from pan.
- Clean pan, re-spray with oil and heat. Cook steaks over a high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or to your liking.
- Toast bread until golden brown on both sides. To assemble, on a slice of bread, place salad leaves, beetroot (if using), tomato, steak, onion and mushrooms. Top with another slice of bread and serve immediately.