Edinvale Farm and Macbeth’s Butchers recognises that its operations has an impact on the environment and is therefore committed to continuous improvements in environmental performance, specifically the reduction of carbon emissions as a result of carrying out our daily business.
Edinvale and Macbeth’s is committed to:
- Complying with all appropriate environmental legislation as a minimum of environmental performance.
- Identifying and reducing general waste.
- Where potential waste can be re-used legally and without a risk to human or animal health, the company will do so.
- Where waste is generated, the company will seek to recycle as much as possible using licensed contractors.
- Reducing our use of fossil fuels by:
- Investigating alternative green energy sources.
- Increasing energy efficiency.
- Making use of established delivery routes.
- Minimise the use of company vehicles where possible.
- Use public transport where possible and practical.
- Avoiding the unnecessary use of materials hazardous to the environment and taking all reasonable steps to prevent damage where the use of such materials is essential.
- Working closely with suppliers and customers and to make them aware of our policy.
- Increase environmental awareness amongst our staff through development, training and promotion.